Home Forums Ideas & Tips Wow (Cool ideas category, Food for thought, Great gifts, Favorites, etc.)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Smile Therapy 1 year ago.

• Author

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

5 Amazing Things you can do with “Bounce” Dryer Sheets

1. Tie to your belt to keep mosquitos away from you when golfing or participating in outdoor activities.
    2. Put in shoes/boots as a great odor-eater.
    3. When storing clothes and blankets, place between them for a fresh smell.
    4. Great for collecting and removing loose cat hair from furniture.
    5. Put in dirty dish pan with water overnight, wipes clean easily in A.M.

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

“7” Amazing “OTHER” USES FOR PPEANUT BUTTER

1. Take tar off your car/shoes.

2. Bake a better brownie (add 1/2 cup peanut butter to batch).

3. Soothe Hemorrhoids – a dab of peanut butter will do wonders.

4. Fill a “kong” toy for a treat – great for dogs – they love it.

5. Cool burned puppy paws – summer days asphalt is very hot, as is tar – very dangerous for puppies and dogs.

6. Slip off a stuck ring.

7. Get gum out of your hair/clothes.

ST – Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Fireworks Fun site..

If you want to have a 1 minute break from work

Visit http://www.fireworkspop.com/Liberty_.htm

ST Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Deck of Cards…. With your BABY’S PICTURE on it??

A friend of mine Joanne P can make playing cards with any picture you want on them.

Your new baby?
    Your pet?
    Your beautiful spouse?
    Your own automobile?

What a neat and unique gift. Very reasonable priced as well.

If interested , shoot me an email at creator@smile-therapy.com

JP, Canada

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Let’s wrap it up right!

Subject: Let’s wrap it up right!

I’ve been using aluminum foil for more years than I care to remember.

Great stuff, but sometimes it can be a pain. You know, like when you are in the middle of doing something and

you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box &

start over. The roll always comes out at the wrong time. Well, I would like to share this with you. (Via V. Borders)

Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, “Press here to lock end”. Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there? I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can’t count the number of times the Saran warp roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up.

I’m sharing this with my friends that did not know this. I hope I’m not the only person that didn’t know about this. .. . thanks to R Fishback for this little tip

– – – Another person here – just found it on my Glad plastic wrap, too.

Cheryl

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Save money … make money!

All my married life I’ve used the telephone and each month got a bill. In the recent past I changed to ‘imag!ne’ and now I get a much lower bill PLUS a cheque! Fantastic wow!

Maureen, Malahide Ireland.

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Did you know…. Convert Languages on Websites??

Did you know…There is a website that can convert text or entire websites from one language to another.

This is incredible technology.

We had a ski site in German that we wanted to convert to English… took about 6 seconds…cool!!!!

babelfish.yahoo.com/?fr=avbbf-us

T.A Smith, Creator, S-T

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Cool stuff in the OCEAN.. watch this

If you like the Ocean, Animals, or just plain fascinating stuff.. be sure to watch this.

(note: Ted.com has several brilliant things on its site).

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/206

Dave M, USA

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Really COOL GIFT idea

These are called “Transformations”

Turn your childrens favorite little toys into Christmas ornaments by using gardening wire.

Also
    Make a quilt out of your son/daughters favorite college t-shirts and sweatpants
    Also
    Make a decorative pillow or pillows out of your daughters wedding dress( an expensive pillow), but it may at least be used, rather than just taking up closet space.

Gretchen, HP

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

the EYES.. the Window to the SOUL?

The following is bound to make Artists and Photogrophers SMILE.

Are the EYES truly the window to the SOUL?

Great site here that tries to answer the question with some fabulous pics.

Look for the JULY 23,2008 blog.

jackfrost.blog.co.uk/

ST Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Speeders.. Where are the Speedtraps?

Do you ever SPEED while driving?

How’d you like to know WHERE the speed traps areset up( this site “policed” by the public)

Incredible the info thats out on the web

http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/stetlist.asp

Dave M, Syracuse NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Home
    Start Here
    About
    Free Trial
    Join Today
    Contact Us
    Member Log In
    Members’ Connection

Smile-Therapy.com
    Smile-Therapy.com

Start Your Day Fresh & Positive
    Share Wisdom
    creator@smile-therapy.com Share Wisdom2016-10-31T13:20:26+00:00

Smart Solutions Library of Ideas & Tips
    Categories >> Wow (Cool ideas category, Food for thought, Great gifts, Favorites, etc.) >> Low price, yet Highly Treasured Wedding Gift

Low price, yet Highly Treasured Wedding Gift

Inexpensive Wedding Gift Ideas

My Grandmother gave us a gift we’ll keep forever that hardly cost a thing. She bought a scrapbook and partially filled it up with newspaper clippings from the day and year we were married. She included things like new car ads, grocery store ads, clothing ads, etc. Now we can look back and see what those things “used” to cost back when we were married. She also included newspaper and magazine clippings in the areas of politics and the environment, and from our local newspaper with the weather for the day we were married. We have since added to it (as suggested when given the gift) new car stickers, receipts from the hospital when each of our two daughters were born and news clippings from momentous days in our history as a nation. It’s one of my very favorite things.

Kimberly

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Recycled Products from T-Shirts??

Heres a cool idea.

For the environmentally conscious and Green type fans.

This company takes old T Shirts and recycles them into other products such as handbags, dog leashes and other cool items.

A tad pricey but worth the look.

http://www.reteez.com

Peter S, NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

How Cool is this CLOCK?

Check this one out

http://www.sonnyradio.com/timebeat.htm

SM, Texas

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

great site for Helping others( 52 suggestions, 1 a week)

julie.libsyn.com

WWWeb scout

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Travel With Peace of Mind

Have you heard of the Air Ambulance Card.

It’s basically a safety thing that always guarantees you a way back to your hometown, in the event of an accident

Interesting

http://www.airambluancecard.com

Peter S, NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Gift Idea Unique and APPRECIATED

The Gift of Time
    My husband and I are in our forties and our parents are in their seventies. They are pretty well off and don’t need much of anything. A few years ago, workdays became their gifts from us. There are some things my mother-in-law needed help with like washing windows, cleaning refrigerator coils, moving beds to clean under, and taking down curtains to wash, iron, and hang back up. To her, this was the best gift we could provide. My parents own 17 acres and need a lot of help outside. We give them a workday for each of them on Mother’s Day and Father’s Day as well as for birthdays. We trim bushes, weed whack, plant flowers, cut down trees, etc. for their gifts. They almost never give us gift ideas anymore; they always request a workday.

Melissa

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Excellent Inexpensive Sunglasses

Better Cheap Sunglasses

Do you need very durable and highly protective sunglasses? I found them at my local home improvement store for less than $9. Ask for “eye protection,” not sunglasses. I took mine to my ophthalmologist and he said that they are made of polycarbonate and are 99-percent UVA and UVB protective. They are sturdy and wrap around close to my face to keep out those rays.

HM in Florida

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Did you know.. you can buy 1 Share of Stock as a GIFT?

You can buy a single share of stock in some very famous and solid companies.

It’s also a pretty neat gift for charity auctions because who knows what the share of stock could be worth in 3-5 or 10 years from now??

Check out the site

http://www.oneshare.com

TAS, Marcellus NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Very interesting GIFT WRAP

Two Gifts in One

For many years, gifts in our family have been wrapped in new towels. Dish towels, hand towels, bath towels, and washcloths are used and secured with pins. We use safety pins for younger family members and straight pins for older ones, but tape can be used also and removed carefully to preserve the nap of the towel. We buy the towels throughout the year on sale. The recipient has two gifts instead of one and everyone can use new towels!

Holly, NH, USA

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.