Home Forums Ideas & Tips Religious, Spiritual

This topic contains 18 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Smile Therapy 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Question:: What GUIDE do you read?

What Guide Do You Read?

They lie on the table side by side.
    The Holy Bible and the TV guide.

One is well worn and cherished with pride.
    Not the Bible, but the TV guide.

One is used daily to help folks decide.
    No, not the Bible, but the TV guide.

As the pages are turned, what shall they see?
    Oh, what does it matter,turn on the TV.

Then confusion reins,they can’t all agree.
    On what they should watch on the old TV.

So they open the book in which they confide.
    No,not the bible, but the TV Guide.

The word of God is seldom read.
    Maybe a verse as they fall into bed.

Exhausted and sleepy and tired as can be.
    Not from reading the Bible, but watching tv.

So then back to the table side by side.
    Lies the holy Bible and the TV guide.

No time for prayer, no time for the word.
    The plan of salvation is seldom heard.

But forgiveness of sin, so full and free.
    Is found in the Bible, not on TV.

Author unknown

ST Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Very powerful and uplifting 32 words

If God brings you TO IT, he will bring you THROUGH IT.

Happy moments,praise God.
    Difficult moments, seek God.
    Quiet moments, worship God.
    Painful moments, trust God.
    Every moment, thank God.

Share with whomever needs it :):)

Mike, NY State

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

For those going through a TOUGH TIME

This is beautiful.
    Cut and Paste link below.

http://www.passionup.com/fun/fun4528.htm?e=louiseungro@hotmail.com&f=froggiemad1@cox.net&h=bb08c6204ace9eec&mp=1&confirm=1

Marilyn B, Auburn

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Phenomenal Church Signs

How about these Church SIGNS…..

> The best vitamin for a Christian is B1.
    > Try our Sundays. They are better than Baskin-Robbins.
    > Come in and have your FAITH lifted.
    > This is a ch__ch. What is missing?
    > You are not too bad to come in. You are not too good to stay out.
    > Can’t sleep? Try counting your blessings.
    > Try Jesus. if you don’t like him, the devil will always take you back.
    > Aspire to Inspire before you Expire.
    > Where will you be sitting in eternity? Smoking or Non-smoking?
    > Under same management for over 2000 years.

Cheryl Rocky, Syracuse

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Wonderful Poem…… JUDGE NOT!

THE BEST POEM IN THE WORLD!

I was shocked, confused, bewildered
    as I entered Heaven’s door,
    Not by the beauty of it all,
    nor the lights or its decor.
    But it was the folks in Heaven
    who made me sputter and gasp–
    the thieves, the liars, the sinners,
    the alcoholics, the trash

There stood the kid from seventh grade
    who swiped my lunch money twice.
    Next to him was my old neighbor
    Who never said anything nice.

Herb, who I always thought
    was rotting away in hell,
    was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
    looking incredibly
    well.

I nudged Jesus, “What’s the deal?
    I would love to hear Your take.
    How’d all these sinners get up here?
    God must’ve made a mistake.

“And why’s everyone so quiet,
    so somber? Give me a clue.”
    “Hush, child,” said He, “they’re all in shock.
    No one thought they’d be seeing you.”

Judge NOT.

Karen M, Rhode Island

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Who Do you Really Look like.. Try this!!

Pretty cool, site that can show you a different way that you look, by inputtign your physical characteristics

worriersanonymous.org/Share/Photo/Photomaker.htm

Norma L, New Jersey

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

A Pumpkin and a Christian have in Common?

Being a Christian is just like a pumpkin!

First, God picks you from the pumpkin patch and brings you in from the field. The Bible says He selects us out of the world. We are in the world, but no longer of the world.

He then washes all the “dirt” off the outside that we received from being around all the other pumpkins. All the outside influences of our former life must be cleaned up. Old things are passed away and all things are become new.

Then, He carefully removes all the “yucky stuff” called “sin” out from the inside. Sin will not have such internal power. He then changes us from the inside out by the Power of His Word. That’s why it is important to go the church and learn about God’s Word.

He carefully removes all those seeds of doubt, hate, greed, and fear. He replaces them with the seeds of faith, hope and love. After Jesus is invited inside, you begin to experience the changing power of God’s love in your life.

Then He carves a new smiling face. Our countenance is changed by the power of His presence in our life. We then become so grateful. It can even show on our face!

When you put the candle in the pumpkin it now reflects the light from inside out. So too, when Jesus, who is called the Son of Light, lives inside of us, He shines through our life for all to see. We can let His light reflect through us to reveal His presence. “Let your light so shine before men that they may be able to see your good works and glorify your Father, who is in heaven.”

So you see, we Christians are really like this pumpkin! We will never be the same with Jesus inside of us. We can say like this jack-o-lantern, “Thy presence, my light!”

Cheryl B, Syracuse

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

17 Word Sentence worth GOLD

To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.’ When God takes something from your grasp, He’s not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.

Concentrate on this sentence…

The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Mary Beth, Syracuse NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Religion is not DEAD in the SCHOOLS

Very patriotic.

Religion is not dead in the schools. In fact, its verty much alive. Watch this beautiful piece………

http://www.greatdanepromilitary.com/Battle%20Hymn/index.htm

Jim, N Jersey

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

The Puzzle of Putting the Country Together

UNITED STATES MAP – Short But Good!

A father wanted to read a magazine but was being bothered by his little girl, Shelby. She wanted to know what the United States looked like, so he tore a sheet out of his new magazine on which was printed the map of the country. Tearing it into small pieces, he gave it to Shelby, and said,
    ‘Go into the other room and see if you can put this together. This will
    show you our whole country today.’

After a few minutes, Shelby returned and handed him the map, correctly fitted and taped together. The father was surprised and asked how she had finished so quickly.
    ‘Oh,’ she said, ‘on the other side of the paper is a picture of Jesus. When I got Jesus back where He belonged, then our country just came together.’

Cheryl B, Liverpool, NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Excellent Bible Website

There is a bible website that lets you input a word, such as \’Love,\’ and every single verse that has \’love\’ in it will pop up.
    Pretty good resource here

Have a click
    http://www.biblegateway.com

WWWeb scout

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

The power of PRAYER

Evening Prayer

Someone has said that if Christians really understood the full extent of the power we have available through prayer, we might be speechless. Did you know that during WW II there was an advisor to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every day at a prescribed hour for one minute to collectively pray for the safety of England , its people and peace?

There is now a group of people organizing the same thing here in America .

If you would like to participate: Every evening at 9:00 PM Eastern Time (8:00 PM Central; 7:00 PM Mountain; 6:00 PM Pacific), stop whatever you are doing and spend one minute praying for the safety of the United States, our troops, our citizens, and for a return to a Godly nation. If you know anyone else who would like to participate, please pass this along. Our prayers are the most powerful asset we have. Please forward this to your praying friends.

Linda P, Central NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

What Happens in Heaven When we Pray?

I dreamed that I went to Heaven and an angel was showing me around. We walked
    side-by-side inside a large workroom filled with angels. My angel guide stopped in front of the first section and said, \”This is the Receiving Section.

Here, all petitions to God said in prayer are received.\”

I looked around in this area, and it was terribly busy with so many angels sorting
    out petitions written on voluminous paper sheets and scraps from people all over the
    world.

Then we moved on down a long corridor until we reached the second section.

The angel then said to me, \”This is the Packaging and Delivery Section.

Here, the graces and blessings the people asked for are processed and delivered to the living persons who asked for them.\” I noticed again how busy it was there. There were many angels working hard at that station, since so many blessings had been requested and were being packaged for delivery to Earth.

Finally at the farthest end of the long corridor we stopped at the door of a very
    small station. To my great surprise, only one angel was seated there, idly doing
    nothing.

\”This is the Acknowledgment Section,\” my angel friend quietly admitted to me. He seemed embarrassed. \”How is it that there is no work going on here?\” I asked.

\”So sad,\” the angel sighed. \”After people receive the blessings that they asked for, very few send back acknowledgments\”

\”How does one acknowledge God\’s blessings? \” I asked..

\”Simple,\” the angel answered. Just say, \”Thank you, Lord.\”

\”What blessings should they acknowledge?\” I asked.

\”If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead
    and a place to sleep you are richer than 75% of this world. If you have money in the
    bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish, you are among the top 8% of the worlds wealthy.

\”And if you get this on your own computer, you are part of the 1% in the world
    who has that opportunity.\”

\”If you woke up this morning with more health than illness … You are more
    blessed than the many who will not even survive this day.

\”If you have never experienced the fear in battle, the loneliness of
    imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation … You are ahead of 700 million people in the world.\”

\”If you can attend a church without the fear of harassment, arrest, torture or
    death you are envied by, and more blessed than, three billion people in the world.\”

\”If your parents are still alive and still married …you are very rare.\”

\”If you can hold your head up and smile, you are not the norm, you\’re unique to
    all those in doubt and despair…….\”

Ok, what now? How can I start?

If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone
    was thinking of you as very special and you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world who cannot read at all.

Have a good day, count your blessings, and if you care to, pass this along to
    remind everyone else how blessed we all are.

ATTN: Acknowledge Dept.
    \”Thank you Lord, for giving me the ability to share this message and for giving
    me so many wonderful people with whom to share it.

Cheryl B, Syracuse

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

The Story of Cadillac Jack…

Suppose you got a flyer from a car dealer that listed these promises:
    \”Do you know a car dealer that will…

* take you to the airport and have your car serviced while you are away?
    • Have your car picked up at your home or business for service?
    • Have a loner car supplied to you when your car is in warranty work?
    • Provide a mobile phone or beeper when your car is in for service?
    • Have your car towed even when you get stuck or have an accident?
    • Bring keys to you if you get locked out or lose your keys?
    • Bring you up to five gallons of fuel if you run out?
    • Jump-start your battery for any reason?
    • Come out and change your tire if it goes flat?
    • Have your car washed when it\’s in for service?
    * Have your car tags renewed?

Well, there is such a man, he is known as \”Cadillac Jack\” Hendrix and he lives in Little Rock, Arkansas.
    You know what else? He\’s been happily married for 36 years, is the father of two children, very active in his community, and has worked closely with Big Brothers and Big Sisters for years. He has been heavily involved in the March of Dimes, and served on the city board at Maumelle across the river from Little Rock. He has been president of the Optimist Club, the Jaycees and is a deacon at his church.

I don\’t know this man, but I wish I did! Jack demonstrates that you have to be the right kind of person and do the right thing to have all that life has to offer. And he has proven that you can have anything you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.

Oh yes, where did \”Cadillac Jack\” Hendrix start to form all these admirable qualities? Well, he credits his Sunday school teachers as being the greatest influence on his life.

I relate that story to let you know, in real life the effect of great Bible teachers cannot be over emphasized. And the worth of hearing them cannot be priced. It\’s good for your kids—and it\’s good for you!

Timothy, Syracuse, NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

God Said NO… great read here!

God Said NO!!

I asked God to take away my habit.

God said, No.

It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
    God said, No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.

God said, No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn\’t granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.

God said, No.
    I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.

God said, No.
    Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
    God said, No.
    You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
    God said, No.
    I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
    God said… Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.

N Loeber, New Jersey

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Beautiful Easter Story

THE EMPTY EGG

Jeremy was born with a twisted body and a slow mind. At the age of 12 he was still in second grade, seemingly unable to learn.
    His teacher, Doris Miller, often became exasperated with him. He would squirm in his seat, drool, and make grunting noises. At other times, he spoke clearly and distinctly,
    as if a spot of light had penetrated the darkness of his brain. Most of the time, however, Jeremy just irritated his teacher.
    One day she called his parents and asked them to come in for a consultation. As the Forrester’s entered the empty classroom, Doris said to them, \”Jeremy really belongs in a
    special school. It isn\’t fair to him to be with younger children who don\’t have learning problems. Why, there is a five year gap between his age and that of the other students.\”
    Mrs. Forrester cried softly into a tissue, while her husband spoke. \”Miss Miller,\” he said, \”there is no school of that kind nearby. It would be a terrible shock for Jeremy if we had to take him out
    of this school. We know he really likes it here.\”
    Doris sat for a long time after they had left, staring at the snow outside the window. Its coldness seemed to seep into her soul. She wanted to sympathize with the Forrester’s. After all, their only
    child had a terminal illness. But it wasn\’t fair to keep him in her class. She had 18 other youngsters to teach, and Jeremy was a distraction. Furthermore, he would never learn to read and write. Why waste
    any more time trying?
    As she pondered the situation, guilt washed over her. Here I am complaining when my problems are nothing compared to that poor family, she thought. Lord, please help me to be more patient with Jeremy.
    From that day on, she tried hard to ignore Jeremy\’s noises and his blank stares. Then one day, he limped to her desk, dragging his bad leg behind him. \”I love you, Miss Miller,\” he exclaimed, loud enough for
    the whole class to hear. The other students snickered, and Doris\’ face turned red. She stammered, \”Wh-why that\’s very nice, Jeremy. N-now please take your seat.\”
    Spring came, and the children talked excitedly about the coming of Easter. Doris told them the story of Jesus, and then to emphasize the idea of new life springing forth, she gave each of the children
    a large plastic egg. \”Now,\” she said to them, \”I want you to take this home and bring it back tomorrow with something inside that shows new life. Do you understand?\”
    \”Yes, Miss Miller,\” the children responded enthusiastically- all except for Jeremy. He listened intently; his eyes never left her face. He did not even make his usual
    noises. Had he understood what she had said about Jesus\’ death and resurrection? Did he understand the assignment? Perhaps she should call his parents and explain the project to them.
    That evening, Doris\’ kitchen sink stopped up. She called the landlord and waited an hour for him to come by and unclog it. After that, she still had to shop for groceries, iron a blouse, and prepare a vocabulary test
    for the next day. She completely forgot about phoning Jeremy\’s parents.
    The next morning, 19 children came to school, laughing and talking as they placed their eggs in the large wicker basket on Miss Miller\’s desk. After they completed their math lesson, it was time to open the eggs.
    In the first egg, Doris found a flower. \”Oh yes, a flower is certainly a sign of new life,\” she said. \”When plants peek through the ground, we know that spring is here.\” A small girl in the first row waved her
    arm. \”That\’s my egg, Miss Miller,\” she called out.
    The next egg contained a plastic butterfly, which looked very real. Doris held it up. \”We all know that a caterpillar changes and grows into a beautiful butterfly. Yes, that\’s new life, too.\”
    Little Judy smiled proudly and said, \”Miss Miller, that one is mine.\” Next, Doris found a rock with moss on it. She explained that moss, too, showed life. Billy spoke up from the back of the classroom, \”My daddy helped me,\”
    he beamed.
    Then Doris opened the fourth egg. She gasped. The egg was empty. Surely it must be Jeremy\’s she thought, and of course, he did not understand her instructions. If only she had not forgotten to phone his parents.
    Because she did not want to embarrass him, she quietly set the egg aside and reached for another. Suddenly, Jeremy spoke up. \”Miss Miller, aren\’t you going to talk about my egg?\” Flustered, Doris replied, \”But
    Jeremy, your egg is empty.\”

He looked into her eyes and said softly, \”Yes, but Jesus\’ tomb was empty, too.\”Time stopped. When she could speak again, Doris asked him, \”Do you know why the tomb was empty?\” \”Oh,
    yes,\” Jeremy said, \”Jesus was killed and put in here. Then His Father raised Him up.\”
    The recess bell rang. While the children excitedly ran out to the school yard, Doris cried. The cold inside her melted completely away.
    Three months later, Jeremy died. Those who paid their respects at the mortuary were surprised to see 19 eggs on top of his casket, all of them empty.
    Happy Easter and may God surround you with His blessings…….

T.A Smith
    Creator, Smile-Therapy.com
    Stop by for YOUR Daily SMILE
    http://www.Smile-Therapy.com

Cheryl B, Liverpool, NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Wonderful way to explain Death

DEATH

What a wonderful way to explain it:…

A sick man turned to his doctor as he was preparing to
    Leave the examination room and said, \’Doctor, I am afraid to die.
    Tell me what lies on the other side.\’ Very quietly, the doctor said, \’I don\’t know.\’
    \’You don\’t know? You\’re a Christian man, and don\’t know what\’s on the other side?\’
    The doctor was holding the handle of the door;
    On the other side came a sound of scratching and whining,
    And as he opened the door, a dog sprang into the room
    And leaped on him with an eager show of gladness.
    Turning to the patient, the doctor said, \’Did you notice my dog?
    He\’s never been in this room before. He didn\’t know what was inside.
    He knew nothing except that his master was here,
    And when the door opened, he sprang in without fear.
    I know little of what is on the other side of death,
    But I do know one thing…
    I know my Master is there and that is enough.\’

Cheryl B, Syracuse

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

the 10 Commandments of a LAYMAN…

A LAYMAN’S TEN COMMANDMENTS

They are like the ten commandments to follow in life all the time.

1] Prayer is not a “spare wheel” that you pull out when in trouble, but it is a “steering wheel” that directs the right path throughout.

2] So a Car’s WINDSHIELD is so large & the Rear view Mirror is so small? Because our PAST is not as important as our FUTURE. So, Look Ahead and Move on.

3] Friendship is like a BOOK. It takes few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write.

4] All things in life are temporary. If going well, enjoy it, they will not last forever. If things are going wrong, don’t worry, they can’t last long either.

5] Old Friends are Gold! New Friends are Diamond! If you get a Diamond, don’t forget the Gold! Because to hold a Diamond, you always need a Base of Gold!

6] Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, GOD smiles from above and says, “Relax, sweetheart, it’s just a bend, not the end!

7] When GOD solves your problems, you have faith in HIS abilities; when GOD doesn’t solve your problems HE has faith in your abilities.

8] A blind person asked St. Anthony: “Can there be anything worse than losing eye sight?” He replied: “Yes, losing your vision!”

9] When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them, and sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.

10] WORRYING does not take away tomorrow’s TROUBLES, it takes away today’s PEACE.

Cheryl B, Liverpool, NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

God Is Busy.. great lesson here

GOD IS BUSY

If you don’t know GOD, don’t make stupid remarks. A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist, and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, “GOD if you are real then I want you to knock me off this platform. I’ll give you exactly 15 minutes.” The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, “Here I am GOD, I’m still waiting.”

It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him, knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold. The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently.

The other students were shocked and stunned, and sat there looking on in silence.

The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, “What in the world is the matter with you?” “Why did you do that?”

The Marine calmly replied, “GOD was too busy today protecting America’s soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid stuff and act like an idiot. So, He sent me.”

The classroom erupted in cheers!

WWWeb scout

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.