Home Forums Ideas & Tips Life lessons, life tips

This topic contains 29 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Smile Therapy 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Great Time Management Tip

I have found this to be true 1000% of the time.

Whatever time you plan on waking, do so 15 minutes prior. There is always MORE TO DO than you think. The extra 15 minutes can mean a world of difference to your day!

The great Thomas Jefferson once said that in 50 years, the SUN never had risen before he did. HMMM

TA Smith, S-T Staff , CNY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Don’ t FORCE things

Did you ever notice that whenever you force something, it doesnt seem to work out?Examples include:: your the only one who wants to go out on the town, or something isnt working at work yet you keep trying to make it happen, or a relationship that seems like a ton of work.

Life should FLOW.

This is true in all aspects in life. Remember this when you keep at something, and it just isnt clicking.Perhaps step back and listen to “the universe”

Don ‘t try to FORCE things.

(note: this is not to be confused with persistence and something that takes a long time to achieve)

T A Smith, ST Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Keeping Awake at the Wheel

To stay awake at the wheel when over tired try these two tips

1.) Turn on the air conditioning full blast. its uncomfortable to sleep when very cold.
    2.) Drive barefoot. the vibrations on the pedal keep you more alert.

T.C., Marcellus, NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

More Awake at the Wheel

Try these tips to keep alert at the wheel

1.) Eat something really sweet
    2.) Better yet, eat an apple. It takes forever to eat and the natural sugar is good for you.
    3. Listen to annoying music.
    4.) Pot of coffee or tea

Mo. W, Maryland

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

” I’ll Never Complain Again”

“I ll Never Complain Again”
    ( taken from our good friends at http://www.lifesupportsystem.com)

Back in the mid 70’s, a man was driving through Arizona and stopped at a gas station in the middle of a torrential downpour. This was in the days of “full service” gas stations. He sat inside his dry car while a man, who whistled cheerfully while he worked, filled up the tank in that awful rain.

As the customer was leaving, he said apologetically,”Im sorry to get you out in this weather.”

The attendant replied “It doesn’t bother me a bit. When I was in Vietnam, I made up my mind in a foxhole one day that if I ever got out of this place alive, I would be so grateful, I’d never complain about anything again. And I haven’t.”

Taking responsibility for our attitudes is part of whole and happy life.

Lifesupportsystem.com

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Wreckless Drivers

Instead of shouting something obscene, you can shout “God Bless You.” Amazing how it takes out the sting and anger.

Grammie

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

How to get the most out of life

It is ALL about PEOPLE and RELATIONSHIPS.

The quicker you find this out, the more fulfilling your life will be.You’ll maximize life itself!

If you CARE about others, it all works out very good in the end.

Work, marriage, school,athletics, community. It’s all about getting along with people and caring about them.

Dick P, Chittenango, NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Get this to All TEACHERS( they ll love it!)

This 3 minute Video..
    Trust me.. You will LOVE how Taylor Mali responds to some arrogant persons questioning of the Importance of a Teacher

This is GREAT STUFF, as I am a huge fan of teachers.
    I have the utmost respect for the challenges teachers face with the kids that have to deal with.

Enjoy.

http://www.mindpowersystem.com

T Smith, Creator, S-T

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

A personal comment on BEING LATE

Here is my take on employees being at work ON TIME.

If you are EARLY.. thats on time.
    If you are ON TIME.. thats late.
    If you are LATE..don’t bother showing up.

Id rather pay someone the extra 5-10 minutes of pay if they are early, than being late.

Being late is rude and shows a lack of respect for others time. Also doesnt allow for proper preperation.

T.Valev, Oneida NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Peanut Butter

Great for curing Hick Ups

Stephanie B, Michigan

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

A different approach to PROBLEMS……

If you have a problem.. go find a problem??

Several years back Dr Karl Meninger was asked what he would do if he feared a nervous breakdown was coming on. With out hesitation Dr Meninger replied “I would find somebody with a bigger problem and get involved with helping him solve his problem; in the process I would forget about my own.”

Funny how when you see what problems others have, perhaps your problems arent the end of the world?

And helping others work their problems out ALWAYS feels good!

Just an idea…. Give it a shot

Friends at Zig Ziglar

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Brute POWER or INFORMATION…… which is better?

Watch this Video for an enlightening surprise.

POWER and STRENGTH vs. INFORMATION

http://www.sonnyradio.com/mrknowitall.html

SMEL, TX

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Sourpuss or Smile….whats your preference?

It will take you 9 seconds to OPEN and READ.

To think about BEFORE opening:

>> Everyone has their own baggage they are carrying
    >> People would rather see a gleeful face than a sourpuss.
    >>Your ATTITUDE, controls 98% of your Outlook>> Thoughts>> Feelings

http://www.words4ever.com/downloads/wallpapers/words4ever_wallpaper_137.jpg

T A Smith, ST Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Military Experience to Remember for Life

If you get the chance to go to a send off party for any military battalion in your area… go to it.

It gives you a whole new perspective for all that our brave soldiers are doing for us.

The military uniforms, the arsenal, the organization, the discipline, the chain of command… ll quite an impressive thing to witness.

The TEAM concept of the soldiers is also second to none. A comforting feeling.

Finally, in case anyone was wondering.. the soldiers I talked to said we are making difference in the world in a GOOD WAY.

T Smith, Creator, S-T

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Here’s an old proverb with a great tip attached

Make sure you surround yourself with great and quality people. Choose wisely. After all,it is a CHOICE.

Old proverb

“Show me the five people you spend the most time with, and I’ll show you your future.”

PH, USA

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

The Rules of the World??

The Rules of the World? No one knows who wrote them or where they came from.
    Interesting. They are tough to argue with.What do you think?

1. We only get one body
    2. We will learn lessons
    3. Lessons often appear as mistakes or failures.
    4. A lesson is repeated until it is learned.
    5. If we don t learn the easy lessons,they get harder.
    6. We’ll know we’ve learned the lesson when our actions change.
    7.We will tend to forget the lessons.
    8. We can remember the lessons anytime we wish.

Do you agree with any/all of them?

from the RedDeerBlog, Ed MacBeth

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Huge TIME SAVER

When parking at events….

Always park with an EXIT STRATEGY in mind. When you go to leave,you’ll be miles ahead of the crowd and it will save you significant time.

Example.. dont try to get right up front. Park in the back, near an exit so you can get out quick.

This works for concerts, state fairs, sporting events, etc etc. Wherever there will be a decent crowd, remember this tip.

Jackie, Auburn NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Easy Way To Obtain U.S Passport

Go to Your Local Post Office
    1.) Grab a form to fill out
    2.) Return it with the following

a.) 2 pics.. if you don\’t have, PO can take for $15
    b.) Fee opf $100
    c.) Bring Birth Cert, with Raised Seal
    d.) Bring Drivers Licence.

Make sure you go at least 1 hour before closing time to allow them to process it.

Thats it!

Vinny, Syracuse

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Be a BLAME BUSTER

This I’ve found to be very useful in life.

If people start pointing BLAME,then Stop Them right there( Blame Buster)

Why?

Blame is the most useless thing out there.

It’s negative.
    It does nothing useful.
    What happened was in the past and blaming will do nothing to change and or HELP the situation.

STOP BLAME. its useless, pointless and toxic.

Bill M, Syracuse

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Make Today Count

Tired of the same old, same old.
    Have no Enthusiam or Appreciation for life.

Try this::

25,550 DAYS(Thats the average # of days people live).

Take your age, multiply it by 365.
    Next, subtract it from the 25,550 days.

THAT NUMBER is approximately how many days you have left TO LIVE.

Get Busy!!!

Wise Old Man

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Everyone , No Matter Their Rank, is Important

No matter what someone’s position or rank is.. they are important.

Be as RESPECTFUL to the janitor as you are the CEO.

People do not trust “suck-ups”.

I believe you will find in life that when you find yourself in a jam, its the “little people” that will most likely be there to help you out.

Remeber an Respect all people.

Marilyn H

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Must Do Activity

Get out of your box even if…especially if it’s hard. Go Sailing for at least a year. Visit other countries on a boat and get to know the folks you meet along the way. It’s life changing! I thought I was going for a year and stayed for 2. We were broke, but richer in so may ways.

Sheila, S/V Que Rico!

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

A Rose to Remember.. Relationship Tip

My fabulous husband regularly had flowers delivered for all occasions at work and at home. I loved getting flowers, but each time I threw out those dead flowers, I saw dollars being hauled away. He came up with the perfect solution. He keeps a dozen beautiful silk long stem roses hidden away. Whenever he wants to do something romantic, he’ll bring out the roses. I may find them on the bed, in a vase, at the office, at home, on a cruise or a hotel room. Sometimes he’ll add a card or a fantastic present. Each time I see those reused silk roses, I think of all the memories we’ve shared and look forward to many more.

Marilyn H

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

How to, Ice proof your Car Windshield

Ice Proof Windows

Ice proof your windows with vinegar. Just fill a spray bottle with three parts vinegar to one part water and spritz it on all your car windows at night. In the morning, they’ll be clear of icy mess. How does it work? Vinegar contains acetic acid, which raises the melting point of water, preventing water from freezing. Wake up to an already frozen car? Just spray the mixture on your windows and watch it melt.

Mary Jo, Tennessee

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Better Vision. …Driving in the Rain

GOOD VISION IN A DOWNPOUR

How to achieve good vision while driving during a heavy downpour. We are not sure why it is so effective; just try this method when it rains heavily. This method was told by a Police friend who had experienced and confirmed it. It is useful…even driving at night. Most of the motorists would turn on HIGH or FASTEST SPEED of the wipers during heavy downpour, yet the visibility in front of the windshield is still bad… In the event you face such a situation, just try your SUN GLASSES (any model will do), and miracle! All of a sudden, your visibility in front of your windshield is perfectly clear,as if there is no rain. Make sure you always have a pair of SUN GLASSES in your car, as you are not only helping yourself to drive safely with good vision, but also might save your friend’s life by giving him this idea.. Try it yourself and share it with your friends! Amazing, you still see the drops on the windshield, but not the sheet of rain falling.? You can see where the rain bounces off the road.It works to eliminate the “blindness” from passing semi’s spraying you too.? Or the “kickup” if you are following a semi or car in the rain. They ought to teach that little tip in driver’s training. It really does work.

Cheryl Bilbo

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Don’t EVER use Cruise Control in the RAIN

This warning is a good one! I wonder how many people know about this

A 36 year old female had an accident several weeks ago and totaled her car. A resident of Kilgore, Texas she was traveling between Gladewater & Kilgore. It was raining, though not excessively, when her car suddenly began to hydro-plane and literally flew through the air. She was not seriously injured but very stunned at the sudden occurrence! When she explained to the highway patrolman what had happened he told her something that every driver should know – NEVER DRIVE THE RAIN WITH YOUR CRUISE CONTROL ON. She thought she was being cautious by setting the cruise control and maintaining a safe consistent speed in the rain. But the highway patrolman told her that if the cruise control is on when your car begins to hydro-plane and your tires lose contact with the pavement, your car will accelerate to a higher rate of speed making you take off like an airplane.She told the patrolman that was exactly what had occurred. The patrolman said this warning should be listed, on the driver\’s seat sun-visor – NEVER USE THE CRUISE CONTROL WHEN THE PAVEMENT IS WET OR ICY along with the airbag warning. We tell our teenagers to set the cruise control and drive a safe speed – but we don\’t tell them to use the cruise control only when the pavement is dry. The only person the accident victim found, who knew this (besides the patrolman), was a man who had a similar accident, totaled his car and sustained severe injuries. NOTE: Some vehicles (like the ToyotaSienna Limited XLE) will not allow you to set the cruise control when the windshield wipers are on.

Cheryl Bilbo, Syracuse NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Great BURGLAR SAFETY Tip

Put your car keys beside your bed at night.

Tell your spouse,your children, your neighbors, your parents, your Dr\’s office, the check-out girl at the market, everyone you run across. Put your car keys beside
    your bed at night.

If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button for your car.
    The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies.

This tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator. Next time you come home for the night and you start to put your keys
    away, think of this:It\’s a security alarm system that you probably already have and requires no installation. Test it.

It will go off from most everywhere inside your house and will keep honking until yourbattery runs down or until you reset it with the button on the key fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway or garage.

If your car alarm goes off when someone is trying to break into your house, odds are the burglar/rapist won\’t stick around. After a few seconds all the neighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won\’t want that. And remember to carry
    your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there. This is something that should really be shared with everyone. Maybe it could save a life or a sexual abuse crime.

P.S.I am sending this to everyone. I know because I think it is fantastic. Would also be useful for any emergency,such as a heart attack, where you can\’t reach a phone. My
    Mom has suggested to my Dad that he carry his car keys with him in case he falls outside and she doesn\’t hear him. He can activate the car alarm and then she\’ll know there\’s a problem.

Kim Z, Syracuse NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Creed for American Boys and Girls(Hopalong Cassidy)

Hopalong Cassidy\’s \”Creed for American Boys and Girls\”

1. The highest badge of honor a person can wear is honesty, be mindful at all times.

2. Your parents are the best friends you have. Listen to them and obey their instructions.

3. If you want to be respected, you must respect others. Show good manners in every way.

4. Only through hard work and study can you succeed. Don\’t be lazy.

5. Your good deeds always come to light. So don\’t boast or be a show off.

6. If you waste time or money today, you will regret it tomorrow. Practice thrift in all ways.

7. Many animals are good and loyal companions. Be friendly and kind to them.

8. A strong, healthy body is a precious gift. Be neat and clean.

9. Our country\’s laws are made for your protection. Observe them carefully.

10. Children in many foreign lands are less fortunate than you. Be glad and proud you are an American

from Pammy Blaine\’s Website

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

The Lone Ranger\’s Creed…

The Lone Ranger\’s Creed

I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one.

That all men are created equal and that everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world.

That God put the firewood there, but that every man must gather and light it himself.

In being prepared physically, mentally, and morally to fight when necessary for that which is right.

That a man should make the most of what equipment he has. That \”this government, of the people, by the people, and for the people,\” shall live always.

That men should live by the rule of what is best for the greatest number.

That sooner or later…somewhere…somehow…we must settle with the world and make payment for what we have taken. That all things change, but the truth, and the truth alone lives on forever.

I believe in my Creator, my country, my fellow man.

from PAMMY BLAINES WEBSITE

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Great TIME SAVER. Doctor\’s Appointments

Before I go to the doctor, I call to see if they are on schedule.

If they are not, I ask them what time they think would be a good time for me to come in.

This is especially good if you have children.

Carolyn, USA

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.