Home Forums Ideas & Tips Health & Fitness (diet, weight management)

This topic contains 52 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Smile Therapy 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

How to Clear a STUFFED NOSE

Before you head to he drugstore for a high-priced inhaler

filled with mysterious chemicals, try chewing on a couple

of curiously strong Altoids peppermints. They\’ll clear up

your stuffed nose.

Cheryl B, Syracuse

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

PROBLEM SOLVER …Peppermint Oil !!!!

HEADACHES????

SINUS ISSUES???

SORE THROAT ????

Have you tried peppermint oil (essential oil)???

It’s wonderful

It’s powerful…give it a sniff….

Also, email me at creator@smile-therapy.com and we can tell you how to get yours.

TAS – Creator of Smile-therapy.com

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Hydrogen Peroxide(3%)….. inexpensive GEM!

I’ve been using the peroxide gargle for months and Adrianne thinks I’m loosing it!! Here’s a testimonial. It’s great for disinfecting — and so cheep. Get 2 bottles at $ Store for $1.00.
    Julie

Subject: 3% peroxide…
    This has been around for a while. I’ve actually used Peroxide as this email suggests, and it DOES work! 2 Big bottles for less than $2.00 at COSTCO.

D

This is what Oxiclean is, 3% peroxide???? Did you know that????

This was written by Becky Ransey of Indiana

‘I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little old bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store. My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors don’t tell you about peroxide, or they would lose thousands of dollars.’

1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I bathe No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes Use it instead of mouthwash. (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle) My dentist told me to mix one capful of Peroxide to three capfuls of water to rinse my mouth daily with. He felt it was too strong to use straight . I use it every night after brushing and flossing and it really does work. XXX
    2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of ‘Peroxide’ to keep them free of germs.

3. Clean your counters, table tops with peroxide to kill germs
    and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray i t on the counters

4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.

5. I had fungus on my feet for years – until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.

6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.

7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most
    other disinfectants will.

8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with yo ur 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.

9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.

10. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it’s not a drastic change.

11. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin
    infections.

12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.

13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for this.

I could go on and on. It is a little brown bottle no home should be without! With prices of most necessities rising, I’m glad there’s a way to save tons of money in such a simple, healthy manner.

Send on to others who might need to know the benefits of 3% peroxide

Julie, Central NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Here is MY Hiccup Cure

This is a sure fire remedy for me.

Place your arms outstretched to your side with two fingers pointing outward. Bring your two fingers togeteher, VERY VERY SLOWLY and concentrate at staring straight ahead until your two fingers touch.This sounds extremely simple, but it works.You dont have to over exaggerate how far you place your arms. The idea is to just bring your two fingers together until they touch, but do it slooooooooooowwww.What it does is change your breathing, which in turn ELIMINATES the HICCUPS.

The kids will have fun with this too.

Y Carle, Camden NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

How to Pacify a Hunger

Im not sure thisi would be a dietary tip however if your trying to PACIFY a HUNGER try this.

Buy one of those long lasting Lolly Pops.

It lasts approximately 60 minutes.
    There are only 50 calories in it.
    It gets your mind(and stomach) off eating for some time.
    Perhaps Kojak, the great TV detective, was onto something
    Enjoy 🙂

S-T Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Do you know anyone?.. Great Cancer site

This site is a great cancer resource site that focuses on HUMOR THERAPY and HUMAN Therapy.

http://www.sburton.com/inconnav.htm

ST Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Have you heard..The Cancer Crusade website?

This site has some VERY HELPFUL articles in the Library.

The rest of the site is pretty amazing too.

http://www.thecancercrusade.com/Cancer_Survivors/library.asp

TA Smith, S-T Staff , CNY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

To get rid of a HACKING COUGH

For a hacking cough and sleepless nights

To rid yourself of that

1 teaspoon honey
    1 teaspoon butter
    in miicrowave til warm to hot
    then add 2 teaspoons of Vodka( yes its correct).

Drink it down. It will stop your coughing. You will get to sleep, and, as a Bonus, the next day.. you ll feel GREAT!

This has worked for me 100% of the time.

V. Soltinska, Ukraine

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Tired of Coffee?

my trainer put me onto this site http://www.frs.com/ and his results have been fantastic…dropped 7 pounds in 14 days, has all the energy he needs and states his mental alertness is at it’s highest ever!

c moreland, syracuse ny

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Restless Leg Syndrone…try this

Before going to bed at night

Drink 6 oz of TONIC WATER

The TW does something to stop the muscle contractions.

Give it a try.

Paul L, Maryland

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Charlie Horse Remedy

Apply your thumb to the middle of the calf for 30 seconds. When you release, the cramp should be gone

unknown

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Colds, Tummy Aches and Sore Muscles

Whenever I’m not feeling well, I reach for my bottle of Peppermint Essential Oil. I use it for everything from an upset tummy (a couple of drops in room temperature water), a cold (rub in on my neck/chest and inhale), sore muscles (a few drops in a neutral massage oil and rub it in to the sore area), headaches (a drop or two on your temples – rub in and your headache will be gone), hot flashes (a drop or two rubbed into the back of your neck and it’ll be gone) – so versitile, so reasonable in price and so natural! Remember though, if you are ingesting peppermint oil, it needs to be Theraputic Grade (such as Young Living brand).

Janice Roth, St. Petersburg FL

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

removal of a tick

Never put anything on a tick to get it to come out. Ex.-nailpolish,match etc. Always pull the tick off with your finger or preferably a tweezer. Pull straight out, this will eliminate it from releasing any toxin. If you do not get the whole thing than contact your doctor.

mo VA.

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Cancer sores relief

For relief of Cancer sores use Tea Tree Oil.
    It works in as little as 2-3 days.

Laurie, Balaton MN

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Chocolate WOW! Shake

Here is a “heart-healthy” milkshake that is low glycemic and full of good nutrition! Enjoy! Place in a blender: 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk, 2 peeled Bananas, 1/4 cup Organic Cocoa Powder, 2 Tbsp. Agave Nectar (like honey), 2 tsp. Vanilla extract, 12 ice cubes. Blend until smooth. Serves 2 (or 1 hungry Chocoholic)

Jan (Raw & Scrumptious)

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Canker Sores Be Gone!

I noticed that you are looking for tips on canker sores. At the Health Food Store (and sometimes even the Dollar Store), you can purchase L-Lysine, which is a natural amino acid. If taken once per day, you will never have a canker sore again! For those who prefer not to take it every day, you can wait until you “feel one coming on”, and take L-Lysine immediately, once per day for the next 3 days or so. nO more painful canker sores!!!!

Sue Ellen Holmes, Longley Jones employee

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Get rid of a STY quick…..

Take a clean 14 carat gold ring and rub it 10-12 times across your eyelid every 15 minutes or so until you feel the STY disappear.

Usually works pretty fast.

from a book

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Having trouble SLEEPING?

Have you tried eating a pile of WALNUTS( preferably raw)?

The walnuts contain seratonin which for whatever reason, calms us and helps us fall asleep.

Give it a shot

tas, ny

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

How WATER is extremely important for your health

Did you know that water kindles hunger, helps in digestion, flushes toxins from the body, and helps with reducing dark circles.

Our friends at positivearticles.com have an article called Water–The Elixir of Life

Worth your reading attention.

http://www.positivearticles.com/Article/Water—the-Elixir-of-Life/40702

Dr Suri

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Almost 400 places to buy ORGANIC FOOD

Here is a site that has compiled almost 400 sites on where to buy organic food on the net

http://www.greenpeople.org/OrganicMeat.html.com

ST Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Extended Stay in a HOSPITAL?…..Read this

There is an author who has done extended studies on WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS in a hospital at all times of the day and night, weedkdays and weekends. She spent 6 months caring for her husband night and day.

You might be surprised at the real truth of what this author found out.You may also want to be there for your loved one a bit more after reading this.

Author is Jari Holland Buck
    Article called :Shift Happens

Found on SELF GROWTH.com

Article from Self Growth

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

WEIGHT LOSS site worth a peek……

What State is the FATTEST?
    Can you lose 30 pounds eating Bentos?
    Celebrity Weight loss secrets?
    What “healthy foods” are not that healthy?
    Why the Japansese don’t get heavy.

These, calorie counters and many more weight related stories at

calarielab.com

Stephen, NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Toenail Fungus…… how to……………

If you have some bad Toenail fungus, try this remedy

Soak your toes in Listerine. Try off and on for a week. The antiseptic helps kil off the fungus.

give it a try.

Stephen B

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Does your Child Really need GLASSES?

Sean Donohue, MD from Vanderbilt did a study of over 102,000 preschoolers( and this published in the Journal of American Association of Pedeatric Opthamology).

He says that nearly 2 out of 10 children are wearing glasses that they DON’T NEED! Optometrists and Opthalmologists, who specialize in ADULTS, may diagnose kids as being farsighted… yet many kids outgrow farsightedness without glasses.

Dr Donohue suggests taking kids to a PEDIATRIC OPTHALMOLOGIST,. who specializes in children and eye issues. Perhaps the glasses arent needed?

Worth your time? Hmmm.

ST Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

How to Keep Cool,….. in the heat

Get some Gold Bond Medicated Lotion(green bottle). Put a tiny bit on your hand and rub it onto the back of your neck area. Give it a minute and you’ll feel cool all over:) Works great.

(For you medical tecchies..The body’s hypothalamus, which regulates your body heat, is located in this general vicinity.)

Josie in the Finger Lakes

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

BABY with a Bad cough/ not sleeping

Chop 2 pieces of garlic.
    Mix with some cooking oil.

Rub on the babys feet( you might want to put socks on the baby as the smell may be a tad strong. Stickiness as well).

What happens is it and will warm their feet and it will raise their blood circulation throughout the body,and will warm the entire body.

Baby stops coughing.
    Baby gets to sleep.

Very effective.

V. Soltinska, Ukraine

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Irrigate Your Nose … It’s A Good Idea

SALINE NASAL MIST: It is a great way to keep your nasal passages clean. A few squirts every morning seems to slightly irritate the nasal passages and that produces a tiny bit of mucous that then clears out the nasal passages. This helps to clean away some bacteria and viruses. Maybe you’ll get less colds. Saline nasal mist is non-medicated, only costs a couple of bucks and lasts months. It should be part of good hygiene, like brushing your teeth.

Big Mike, Sunny 102, Syracuse, NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

For an Immediate ENERGY BOOST

Instant Energy Boost
    If you’re feeling lethargic and stuck, here’s something that’s fun, easy and immediately effective – but don’t do it if you have a bad back or any other medical issues!
    It’s probably best to do this in private! : ) Stand up and shake like a dog! Swing your arms one way and your hips the other and let your head roll around loosely.
    Before very long you’ll notice that your energy levels have risen and there’s a silly grin on your face!

Mammy, Ireland

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Cut your Caffine Consumption in HALF??

For Caffeine Junkies
    Sometimes I think I want coffee but all I really want is a hot drink.
    Try replacing every second cup of coffee with a cup of hot water or fruit tea and you’ll cut your caffeine consumption by half!

Mammy, Ireland

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Have you heard of LAVENDER OIL?

USE LAVENDER OIL ON ALMOST ANY TYPE OF SKIN IRRATATION / INFECTION, OR ON A BURN (CURLING IRON,STOVE OR OVEN BURNS/ EVEN CANDLE WAX BURN) USUSALLY THE AREA WILL NOT EVEN BLISTER OR ON AN OPEN WOUND( MINOR CUTS / ABRASIONS)….. …YOU WILL BE SO AMAZED AT HOW QUICKLY IT HEALS YOUR WOUND….WHATEVER IT MIGHT BE!!! LAVENDER OIL IS A MIRACLE & SO MANY DO NOT TAKE THE TIME TO EVEN TRY IT!

Note: there are “cheap knock off SYNTHETIC oils, and there are high quality types. The berand I use is Young Living Lavender

VLK , Syracuse( aka Lavender Lady)

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Secret to Surviving Yom Kippur( Fasting)

So the secret to surviving Yom Kippur, for all y’all who are about to do it with me, is HYDRATION. Hydrate the day before – All day today – Drink double the amount of water you usually do. That’ll
    help while you’re fasting – will keep you from getting the massive
    dehydration headache. Then, when the fast is over, first thing you should have again is two glasses of water. This “preventing the 2pm crankiness” tip should work very effectively.

Peter S, USA

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Challenges with PMS/ Menstrual Discomfort?

If you are having troubles with PMS symptoms, and menstrual discomforts including cramping and irregular periods, help is on the way.

There is an essential oil Called “Dragon Time”, that has been getting phemonenal results in the above. In addition it has been helping with mood swings and headaches caused by hormonal inbalance.
    To get Dragon Time, or more info, contact the oils lady,AMY at

amy@oilslady.com

Laurie N, USA

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Adult Care Facilities and Customer Ratings…..

There is a new site that looks very valuable for Senior Citizens and people who care for them.

It tells about all care facilities in the area and ranks them on customer service, price and other measures. Customers can RATE the facilities well.

Also tells of any FREE CLINICS near you.

Check it out at http://www.wheretofindcare.com

Only weakness is its a fairly new site.

WWWeb scout

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

How to PREVENT a COLD

Easy Cold Prevention

I’m a teacher, and even after years in the business, I tend to get cold after cold. Very few of us are completely immune to everything. The allergy doctor told me that the best way to prevent those bugs from getting to me is to buy a bottle of sterile saline nasal spray to clean my nose as soon as I get home from school and then again first thing in the morning. Apparently, it flushes most of the bugs away. I have always changed my clothes shortly after getting home because I felt germy, but I never considered the value in cleaning my nose. Even if it reduces the number of colds I get by one or two, it will be worth it in savings for cough drops, tissues, and over-the-counter cough medicines.

Pat B, School Teacher

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Chapped Lips.. here’s an idea

I had been using the brand-name lip protectors to heal my chapped lips during the latest bout of cold weather. Somehow the brand I used kept irritating my lips, maybe because there was a mint flavor added. In desperation, I tried plain old Vaseline petroleum jelly, and it worked great. It’s not very portable, but on the plus side, you only need a tiny bit. Plus, it’s so much cheaper that “stick” lip protectors.

Janet

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Sinus Headaches,.. possible remedy

I used to have sinus headaches all the time. I had to buy sinus medicines on a regular basis. I heard about a Nedi Pot from a friend. It’s like a little teakettle to put warm water and salt into to flush out your nose. It comes with instructions. It’s all-natural. They are sold at health food stores, and I bought mine for $11. I started using it and the sinus headaches were gone. I have not had to spend any money for sinus medications since. What a savings!

Michele B, USA

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Age Spots Vanish??

Per Amy Lapp:: Idaho Tansy Essential Oil is very effective in removing Age Spots. Topically and painlessly.

Info at amy@oilslady.com

Amy L, Upstate NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Eyeglass Savings

Optical departments are very busy in December as people try to use up money in their HSAs or bunch up medical expenses for tax purposes before the end of the year. As a result, January can be a slow month for opticians and eye wear retailers, so there are a lot of very good deals being offered right now for anyone who might need a new pair of glasses or contacts.

And if you haven’t had an eye exam in at least three years (annually if you are over 60), you owe it to yourself to take advantage of these prices. Being frugal at the expense of our health is short-sighted (pun intended!), so now might be a good time to get your eyes checked too.

Helen USA

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Eat well

Do all possible foster your mind, body and spirit and TAKE MAXGXL 🙂

Lisa Jo, Skaneateles ,NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Attention: EYE Contact Lense people.. $$ Saver

Contact Care

Instead of using the expensive multi-purpose contact solutions to rinse your contacts, buy the plain saline solution and use it for rinsing. Saline solution won’t irritate your eyes as much and it’s much cheaper. You still need the multi-purpose solution to clean and soak your contacts. You just don’t want to be pouring it down the drain all the time when you rinse your contacts!

Anonymous

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Snoring issues

Have you tried Thyme Essential Oil on the bottom of the feet?
    Been known to help SNORING issues.

Remember to dilute 50-50 with vegetable oil as Thyme is a hot oil.

Questions can be emailed to the ‘oil guru’.

amy@oilslady.com

Amy L, Central NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

GODS LEGACY TRUST

I have a message to the editor

I have the answer that we all seek. How will we pay for Socialized Health Care?

\”LEGACYWILLANDTRUST.COM\”

I am in the process of building a website that will enable everyone to log in and create themselves a living will and trust free of charge. You will answer a series of questions just like I did when I created my own Legacy on Legal Zoom. (Cost me $500.00 that I don’t really have) Only my website will also have a special directives clause and this is where a new found taxable income is created. As I did in my own Trust, I left my assets and a portion of my Life Ins benefits to my immediate loved ones. The rest of the Life Ins benefits I have directed it to establish an LLC. This creates an entity that dividends can be channeled through to stockholders. In this case, the stockholders are all my future bloodline. They qualify as stockholders at age 18. They will receive a semi-annual dividend check from me via the Financial Planner of my choice prominently displaying “From the Estate of Nathan J. Isbell”, “Endeavor to Persevere”. The website will allow freedom on naming your LLC at your death. So you may pass along whatever words of wisdom you want to all of your future heirs for an eternity.

The new found taxable income will be used at the discretion of our Government. I can only hope for a reduced flat tax like the present Capital Gains tax of 15% and they use these funds to re-build Social Security among many other Global interest.

Furthermore, during these series of questions that are used to determine your last Will and Testament. There will be a series of questions on how you want your Legacy to be split up amongst your heir, charities, passions and GOD.

One very important question prior to all charities being listed is concerning:

GODS LEGACY TRUST LLC.

“God has only ever asked for 10% and will give it back to future generations ten fold.
    What percent of your Legacy would you like to leave to GOD and his people”.

for more info “GODSLEGACYTRUST.COM”.

I’m building this site as well. GODS LEGACY TRUST LLC will be the entity that channels GODS Blessings to heal his people.

GODS LEGACY TRUST LLC
    will re-invest 50% of its yield and disburse 50% for socialized healthcare.

We have all been wondering how to pay for health care. GOD has shown us the way. By investing in ourselves and our Creator.

Nathan J. Isbell
    P. O. Box 1371
    Gulf Shores, Al. 36547

If you decide to publish this, I would like to remain anonymous while I finish building my websites.

CC:
    Atlanta News Journal
    USA Today
    NY Times
    Washington Post
    The Islander

Nathan J. Isbell Humble Servant of the Lord

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Gluten Free Benefits : )

I have Celiac, but along the way on my gluten-free adventure I’ve come across many benefits to my gluten free diet! My doctor told me that a gluten free diet can also be beneficial to those who suffer from MS, rheumatoid arthritis or achy joints in general, osteoporosis, lupus and even cancer!!!! Many of the symptoms of gluten intolerance include rashes, headaches, achy joints, fatigue and many digestive problems. Sometimes these aliments can be alleviated by following this diet. So if you\’re a sufferer of any of the above things give it a try! What do you have to lose?

Marlys, MI

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Beware of HandAir DRYERS in Restaurants/Schools

Not sure if 100% verified, but enough to certainly take note..

http://sneakykitchen.com/fullerbrush/hints/hand-dryers.htm

ST Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

2 strange Remedies for Osteoporosis

From our friends at the Sneakykitchen.com

have a look

http://sneakykitchen.com/News/osteoprosis.htm

Friends at SneakyKitchen.com

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Poison Ivy Tip

To save your arms from scratching and bleeding..
    Get some long tube socks and cut off the end and wear them on your arms to bed and all. Saves alot of problems.

T.H, Baldwinsville NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Eye Styes…. how to get rid of them

Tea anyone?
    Make some hot tea for yourself and use the teabag to place on the stye. Eventually the stye will fall off.

T.H, Baldwinsville, NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Rid your Home of VIRUSES

Take an onion and cut the top of it off. Leave the onion either on a dish or plate.

It will absorb nasty germs and viruses very well in the room. Probably best to throw out after 7-10 days. You will know when to throw out the onion. Works very well.. passed on from my mother and grandma.

T.H, Baldwinsville, NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

CHEAPER Medications?? (worth a look)

Don’t Assume

I am helping my stepfather with his medicines. He has over ten prescriptions. On just one, I saved over $20. He is on Medicare and has prescription coverage. They said that the bill was $34. I verified that they had applied his insurance. I was at RiteAid and they have a discount card for free. I asked what it would cost with the discount card, and they responded that I couldn\’t use insurance and the discount card. Using the discount card, the prescription only cost $12.79, so why use the insurance card?

Now I have to go back and check all the rest of his prescriptions. This is time consuming, but it looks like it might be well worth it. They allow you to pick and choose which medication is on the discount card or insurance.

Ellen B, USA

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Headaches, Hangovers, Digestive Issues

I use Peppermint Essential Oil more than any other because it helps so many issues and it is more economical than buying lots of different over-the-counter products. If you have a headache apply a drop to your temples or back of the neck. If you use a quality oil (Young Living) you can even lick it off the back of your hand, it will get rid of your headache, upset stomach, clear your sinuses and freshen your breath!It also helps to curb your appetite to promote weight release. Even helps keep you alert while driving or helps if you have to a lot of detail oriented work to improve your mental clarity. Also, if you have had too much wine lick a drop or two and drink a large glass of water to ward off the hangover. For those in Syracuse you can find Young Living Peppermint Oil at Natur-Tyme Health food store. Otherwise, find a Young Living Independent Distributor on the web or in your area.

Amy L., Upstate NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Vicks Vapor Rub.. Who KNEW?

VICKS VapoRub – l

During a lecture on Essential Oils, they told us how the foot soles can absorb oils. Their example: Put garlic on your feet and within 20 Minutes you can \’taste\’ it.

Some of us have used Vicks VapoRub for years for everything from chapped lips to sore toes and many body parts in between. But I\’ve never heard of this. And don\’t laugh, it works 100% of the time, although the scientists who discovered it aren\’t sure why.

To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks VapoRub generously on the soles of your feet, cover with socks, and the heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly. *

Just happened to tune in A.M Radio and picked up this guy talking about why cough medicines in kids often do more harm than good, due to the chemicals in them This method of using Vicks VapoRub on the soles of the feet was found to be more effective than prescribed medicines for children at bed time. In addition it seems to have a soothing and calming effect on sick children who then went on to sleep soundly.

My wife tried it on herself when she had a very deep constant and persistent cough a few weeks ago and it worked 100%! She said that it felt like a warm blanket had enveloped her, coughing stopped in a few minutes. So she went from; every few seconds uncontrollable coughing, she slept cough-free for hours every night she used it.

If you have grandchildren, pass this on.
    If you end up sick, try it yourself and you will be amazed at how it works.

DON\’T SHUN THIS ONE.. TRY IT THE NEXT
    TIME YOU GET A BAD COLD.
    THE ONLY THING YOU CAN LOSE IS YOUR COUGH…

SB, Liverpool

Steve, Liverpool

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

SparkPeople: Facebook for the health enthusiast!

Health, fitness, weight management, recipes, goals, teamwork, resources. It\’s all there at SparkPeople.com.

MickiBe Michigan

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Tip on Thyroid Cancer

Thyroid cancer

On Wednesday, Dr. Oz had a show on the fastest growing cancer in women,
    thyroid cancer. It was a very interesting program and he mentioned that
    the increase could possibly be related to the use of dental x-rays and
    mammograms. He demonstrated that on the apron the dentist puts on you for
    your dental x-rays there is a little flap that can be lifted up and wrapped
    around your neck. Many dentists don’t bother to use it. Also, there is
    something called a “thyroid guard” for use during mammograms.

By coincidence, I had my yearly mammogram yesterday. I felt a little
    silly, but I asked about the guard and sure enough, the technician had one
    in a drawer. I asked why it wasn’t routinely used. Answer: “I don’t know.
    You have to ask for it.” Well, if I hadn’t seen the show, how would I have
    known to ask?

We need to pass this on to our daughters, nieces, mothers and all our
    female friends and husbands tell your wives !! I just did, now you send
    it on to your list.

Someone was nice enough to forward this to me. I hope you pass this on
    to your friends and family.

Norma L, Marlton, NJ

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.