Home Forums Ideas & Tips Business, Sales tips, work place, career

This topic contains 50 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Smile Therapy 1 year ago.

• Author

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Scan in all your business cards …..

Get all your business cards organized into one file.

It might as well be blank, if all you’re going to do is throw it in a drawer.
    If however, you’d like to actually use the information on all the business cards you receive, get a CardScan.

Visit http://www.cardscan.com

ST – Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Toot your own horn marketing consultant……

WAYS TO TOOT YOUR OWN HORN MARKETING CONSULTANT Marie Mungent
    offers these timely tips for promoting yourself and your achievements:

1. Document your accomplish-ment. Details that seem so vivid now will fade before you know it. Gather up the evidence – programs, photos, newspaper clippings, notes-and file it in a safe place. And don’t forget all the nice things people say and e-mail you-these are called endorsements and they can be very, very valuable.

2. Send out a press release. Somewhere there is a newspaper, ‘magazine, Web site, or talk show that’s dying to hear from you. Make a list of all the media that might be interested in you, send along your best publicity photo, and go for it.

3. Update your resume. Do it now, before the next accomplishment piles on top of it. And don’t think you have to be job hunting to need a resume. Every professional needs a topnotch
    resume-it’s one of the best marketing tools you can have.

4. Rev up your promotional materials. Ever notice how movie ads look the day after the Academy Awards? They’re onto something. Make sure that your press kit, portfolio, Web
    site, ads, promo pieces, and bio reflect your new success.

5. Review your goals. Look at your success in light of your career goals. Have you reached or made significant progress toward one of them? Does your accomplishment suggest some new
    goals? What do you want to do next?

ST – Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

STARBUCKS GIFT CARD…..

Great gift to get clients under $10.00

Starbucks gift cards as low as $3 a card.

A “top shelf” cup of coffee

ST – Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Problem-solving, Texas-style…..

When Xerox CEO Anne Mulcahy was visiting Dallas, she spoke to a group of business leaders about some of the large challenges she faced. In return, a plain-spoken Texan gave her some advice. He said when things got to be just too complicated, remember three basic steps:

1. Get the cow out of the ditch.

2. Discover how the cow got into the ditch.

Make changes so the cow never falls into the ditch again.

Adapted from Fortune Magazine.

ST – Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

How to get everyone to return your phone calls……

If your’re leaving a message with a company receptionist, ask the receptionist if they ue pink or white message pads. Whatever the answer, say, “Okay, can you do me a big favor? Draw a big smiley face next to the message.” You’ll be amazed at how often people comply. The drawing will make it far more likely that your message is noticed… and your call returned.

ST -Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Back to the basics ….

Long ago, Vilfredo Pareto, an Italian statistician, said that 20 percent of the people in an organization are responsible for 80 percent of the company’s success. Under this principle then, you should:

1. Spend 80 percent of your time with the top 20 percent of your people.

2. Spend 80 percent of your training dollars on this top 20 percent.

3. Ask the top 20 percent to mentor the next 20 percent, then watch this 40 percent outperform the previous 100 percent.

ST – Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Biz tip of the day….

Whenever you have a prospect or customer complain about something to you, thank them for the complaint. Tell them that they just improved your business because they brought this issue to your attention. The complaint will then go away.

ST – Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Successful people receive the most rejections….

The most successful people in business, relationships and life often receive the most rejections. They have figured out that it doesn’t matter how often you hear NO – what’s important is to keep asking until your hear YES.

ST – Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Simple time savers and tips….

* Shorten your workday. If 10 hours isn’t enough, try nine-and-a-half. Losing 30 minutes of work time each day makes you organize your time better.

* Take a break. Hard workers often feel they don’t have time to take a break. Recharging your batteries isn’t wasted time – it keeps your running.

* Don’t look at E-mail first thing. Instead, use the morning to focus on your most important tasks. Most people’s minds are sharpest in the morning, and completing important responsibilities before lunch creates a sense of relief and accomplishment that can carry you through the afternoon.

* Avoid the urge to multitask. When many things need to get done, it’s tempting to try to do them all at once. But multitasking isn’t the secret to productivity – it’s a sure way to be inefficient.

* Cut people off. Learn to put off interrupters without causing offense. When someone needs you, say, “How much time do you need? If’s its more than a few seconds, let’s schedule it for later so I can give you my full attention.

ST – Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

TALENTS…. you using yours to the FULLEST?

Question for you, on your career……..

Are you doing what you REALLY ENJOY doing?

If you don t choose a path, LIFE WILL CHOOSE ONE FOR YOU.

How satisfying would it be if you knew you had BETTERED the world, rather than just EXISTED in it?

Everyone has TALENTS….. are you using YOURS to the FULLEST?

HMMM

Tim, Massachusetts

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Does your BUSINESS CARD stand out?

If someone looks at your business card and does not say WOW…

If someone yawns while glancing at your card…..

If you personally think its DRAB, BORING, DULL…..

Why not CHANGE IT?
    Make a STATEMENT

Paul, NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Out of 10 people…. ????

Out of 10 people, no matter how good or bad of a salesman you are::

3 you will bond well with.
    4 are in between.
    3 you will never get their business.

Most make a living with the first 3. The champion salesperson gets 6 or 7. Which one are you?

Roy W, USA

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

A 95 year old Golden Rule from LL Bean…

Seen inside any LL BEAN catalog.

Sell good merchandise at a reasonable profit, treat your customers like human beings, and they will always come back for more.

Pretty simple huh? Give it a try.

ST Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Great TIPS from a SEMINAR

From a Pat Burns Seminar, she offered these gems::

1.Have Fun
    2.Learn Something NEW
    3.Meet new,interesting people.
    4.Take a risk( get in the game and be a player, not just a spectator).

Quote from the famous football great Floyd Little

“Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen,some people don’t know what happened.”

Which one will you be?

TS Smith, Creator, S-T

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Are you Credible?

This Gem from the Valley Media Company

One thing you cannot put a price on is your word, your integrity, your CREDIBILITY.

This is from the first paragraph of a past annual report.

“Fiscal 2000 was a difficult transitional year for Valley Media. We did not do the job we needed to do.We lost money for the first time in VM’s history. Our sales growth slowed, and our stock price declined. We built infrastructure,inventory and associated costs ahead of our sales. We faced a number of difficulties when we relocated our California distribution center. We have not delivered to Wall Street expectations, and I intend for that to change. We are doing what it takes to address our issues.”

How can you not be impressed with the refreshing honesty and directness of the president? Talk about taking responsibility. Id say this man is highly credible. Rather than hiding the bad news with fluff and sugar coating, he is being held accountible. W O W. Just don’t see that enough these days!

S-T Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

GREAT for SALESPEOPLE

Simply an awesome site with many treasures for any SALESPERSON.

Plan on being there more than 15 minutes.

It may just help you get that account you’ve been working on for 6 months??

http://www.justsell.com

Lynn R, NY State

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Attn NURSES:: a Must Site for you to explore

Another nurse shared this site with me.

Its a great place to chat with other nurses.

Also a good spot to educate themselves, especially for newer nurses.

check out the blogs and feedback from other nurses.. well spoken of

rnbob.tripod.com/

The WWWebScout, Planet Earth

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Mona Vie

Hi All,

I am not sure how many of you have heard of Mona Vie, but I heard of it 2 years ago and just never tried it out. I got invited to a meeting 3 months ago and now am a very satisfied distributor. I had acid reflux really bad and it is now almost totally gone, and my energy and sleep patterns have drastically improved! You need to take a look at my website as I just started promoting the product now that I have been using it….I am sure you will be very interested once you take a look.

Have a great Day!

Drink It! Feel It! Share!

http://www.mymonavie.com/thedeeppurpleberry/MonaVieID#1333924

Joanne Jacksonville Florida

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Need a unique TREAT for a client

have you heard of FAIRYTALE BROWNIES?

If not,try them. Better yet, just buy some for your clients and wait for them to call you with a huge TASTY, thank you :):)

http://www.brownies.com

Vic K, NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Tough time getting an APPOINTMENT?

Are you having a tough time getting an appointment with someone? Getting the brush off?

Try this:
    After calling 2-4 times with no luck, let it sit a few weeks, then come back about 3 weeks later on a FRIDAY afternoon.
    This does a few things:

First, it shows persistence.
    Second, it shows tenacity and seriousness to want to do business.
    Finally, on a Friday afternoon, people are generally in a good mood and the combo of all 3 is likely to produce a good result.

Knock ’em dead at the meeting.

TA Smith, Creator, S-T

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

How to “Side Door It” into an office

Here’s a tip to get you into an office that has recently been tough to crack.

Ask them if there are any new people?
    If so ask them if you can train them on the products/services available?

TRAIN, not Sell.

Heres the thinking. No one else is worrying about the “newbies” Everyone is going for the big producers. By helping the new people, your assured to gain their business as well as respect from the manager of the office.
    Some big picture,long term thinking will go a long way to breaking into an office, and also start to get some serious business.

Train first.Sell later.

Sale on!

The Captain of SALES

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

SECOND BEST.. A darn good SPOT to be?

Here’s a tip to handle someone that you know already uses a competitor,and is very satisfied.

Call the person up that you want to do some business with. Acknowledge that you know they work with a competing company and you ARE NOT trying to wrestle away their relationship.Praise the other company. Never badmouth them.

Tell the prospect you’d like to see if there are any holes that you can fill that their current #1 persaon may not have. Do a quick review and if they are all set, you’ll never call on them again.

This does several things:

1st,it shows your class and professionalism.
    2nd,the prospect is at ease that you ARE NOT messing with their current relationship.
    3rd,you may provide added value to what they already have.
    Fourth, it’s noted that no time will be wasted in future sales calls if no additional benefit can be provided.

The goal>>Get in the door as a second option.

Remember, SOONER or LATER the following will occur:

#1 won’t have the desired product needed for the unique transaction.
    #1 will be on vacation.
    #1 will get over condfident and under appreciative of the account.
    #1 will screw up.

What a great time to be Second Best.

Sale on!

The Captain of SALES

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

60 Minute Time Management Tip

GO OUT AND BUY YOURSELF A 60 MINUTE EGG TIMER.

AS SOON AS YOU GET TO WORK, BREAK OFF YOUR SEGMENTS INTO 30 OR 60 MINUTE INTERVALS.

AS YOU WORK, YOU HEAR THE TICKS, WHICH REMINDS YOU TO STAY ON TASK.

IT REALLY HELPS YOU FOCUS ON WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE. QUICK LITTLE GLANCES AT THE TIMER ALSO LET YOU KNOW WHERE YOU STAND AGAINST THE 30/60 MINUTE BLOCK OF TIME.

THIS ALSO HELPS ELIMINATE GOOF OFF TIME, AS THERE IS NO TIME FOR IT.

TRY IT IT WORkS!!

TA Smith, S-T Staff , CNY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Excellent TRADE SHOW Tip

If you are going to be an exibitor in a trade show do this one thing……

Set up your booth as early as they allow you. Once set up,go around to all the other booths and leave some sort of info from you / your company. Its a simple way to get your name in front of all the other exhibitors. They will surely take a look at what you leave in their table when they show up to set up their booth.

Bounus: What to leave

Consider hitting a dollar store and making a ziploc goodie bag of 10-12 things along wit your card.Perhaps some bubble gum, a pencil,an emery board, some tic tacs, etc etc. That will certainly be welcomed with a smile.

TS, CNY, US

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Thank you for your COMPLAINT?

The following is a great letter to be used when you make a mistake. We all do, from time to time and its better to hit it on the head than hide from it.

Start with

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMPLAINT!!

see below

You know me.I’m a nice person.When I get lousy service,I never complain. I never kick.I never criticize, and I wouldn’t dream of making a scene.

I’m one of those nice customers. And I’ll tell you what else I am. I’m the customer who doesn’t come back. I take whatever you hand out, because I know I’m not coming back.I could tell you off and feel better, but in the long run, it’s better to leave quietly.

You see, a nice customer like me, multiplied by others like me, can bring a business to its knees. When we get pushed far enough, we go to one of your competitors.

Again,I thank you for letting me know what we did wrong. We cannot improve if our customers don’t tell us where we mneed improvement.

With sincerity,

You

Wise Old Man

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

5 Good Time Management Strategies

5 Time MGT Strategies

1.) Eliminate Time Wasters
    2.) Set Priorities. Whats “Urgent” vs whats “Important” . Concentrate on the important.

3.) Prepare for meeting with prospective customers.. before the meeting! Do some homework and research.
    4.) Plan
    5.) Manage calls and emails properly.There is an art to this. Map it out and be aware of possible mis-management.

What’s a time waster? Anything that doesn’t further your GOALS.

What is Important? Anything that is goal oriented.

Chris A, Central Florida

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

4 Rules For A Meeting( to be effective)

Rule #1
    Have objectives.

Rule #2
    Have an Agenda.

Rule #3
    Keep Meeting on Schedule.

Rule #4
    Keep it short( 20 minutes or less).

Chris A, Central Florida

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Howe to Have a Very \”Sales Effective\” Meeting

1.) Have a sales meeting every day,yes EVERY DAY.

2.) No longer than 15 minutes.

3.) Question #1 to each attendee.. What did you do yesterday to make a sale/$$?

4.) Question #2 to each attendee..What are you doing today to make a sale/$$?

If the answer is NOTHING see me, I\’ll give you things to do.

Keep it to 15 minutes. It holds everyone accountable and keeps all people focused on the goals!

Chris A, Central Fla

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Hire STARS……..

When hiring people.. hire the best you can find.

Hire STARS.
    Make sure Employees are your main focus. And GOOD Employees.

Train them properly.
    Then EMPOWER them.

Then, be sure to reward Excellence. It’s only common sense to take care of your good people, or else they\’ll be looking elsewhere. Much tougher to replace good than to keep them happy.

Laurie, Central NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Barometer for HIRING potential employees

Be on the lookout for ACE’s

Whats an ACE?

Attitude.. make sure its a good and positive one.

Character.. hire quality.Hire people you can trust. Hire people, who have a good solid reputation. This will save you many problems in the future.

Enthusiasm.. a very strong trait of successful people. Ask your self…..If one person is fired up on life and another is going through the walks of life.. who do you want to be associated with? Easy one.

Tim A, Syracuse

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Do you have a PLAN? GOALS??

Do you have a Plan in/for your life?
    Do you have Goals?

Look at it this way.
    Stephen Spielberg is a successful creator and director of movies. Spielberg has a plan. He has goals.

most successful people have some sort of plan/ goals as to where they are going and where they want to be.

The people WITHOUT plans and Goals are like FILL-IN’s in the back of a Spielberg movie.

Just going through life.
    Unfocused.
    As part of someone elses plan( in this example, Spielbergs “fill-ins”).

Get Focused
    Get a Plan
    Get some Goals
    Start Living

Tim A, / Tim S, Syracuse

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Customer Service Book:: Recommendation

The book: Hug Your Customers
    By Jack mitchell

Book Description

If you work at a Fortune 500 company and live in southern Connecticut or New York\’s Westchester County (two of Manhattan’s most affluent suburbs), chances are you buy your suits at Mitchells (in Westport, Conn.) or Richards (in Greenwich, Conn.). These two independent clothing stores are some of the most successful in the business and outfit CEOs from Chase, GE, IBM, Merrill Lynch and Pepsi. Mitchell, whose father started the business, shares the secret of his success in this unoriginal but cheerful guide to keeping customers happy. Hugging your customers, he says, has nothing to do with being touchy-feely around them and everything to do with offering them over-the-top service. For Mitchell, that means literally offering a customer the coat off your back, if that’s the only one left in the store in the customer’s size and preferred style and color. It means going to customers’ homes to tie their bow ties for big events. It means serving coffee and bagels in the store and giving away hot dogs in the parking lot on summer Saturdays. Some might view this as fawning, but for Mitchell, it’s the best way to keep customers coming back. His advice-know your customer, think outside the box, have a “no problem” attitude-is hardly groundbreaking. But those who work with customers daily have much to gain from this chipper, inspiring handbook.

Check it out……

T McDonald( Self Growth)

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Job seekers.. Do you need a RESUME?

Seth Godin suggests these:

How about three extraordinary letters of recommendation from people the employer knows or respects?
    Or a sophisticated project they can see or touch?
    Or a reputation that precedes you?
    Or a blog that is so compelling and insightful that they have no choice but to follow up?

Great jobs, world class jobs, jobs people kill for… those jobs don’t get filled by people emailing in resumes. Ever

Entire clip is here:

http://www.sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2008/03/why-bother-havi.html

WWWeb scout

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Tip to remember Someones NAME

Pay attention.

When introduced to someone, really listen to the persons name. Then, to get a better grasp, picture the spelling or even ask them.. “now Kathy.. is that with a “K” or a “C”?

Also try to use their name a few times early in the conversation.

I’ve found this to help me remember names a bit better.
    Adn most names can be spelled 2-3 different ways (ex.. Chris, Cris, Kris)

TAS, Marcellus NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

NYCity to the Airport in 8 minutes?

Tried the US Helicopter service from NYC to Nwewark Airport yesterday. After taking it, I realize that I can never take a regular form of transportation to the airport ever again. It was awesome.

For about $30 more than a car service from my apartment, I walked into the US Helicopter terminal on 33rd St and FDR Drive. Once there I walked inside, checked in( I was one of 2 people on the flight), and I was checked in not only for the USH flight, but for my flight to South Carolina too.

Then I went through secutrity. While I still had to take my shoes off, I didnt have to take my laptop out.Now I was using the checkpoint friendly laptop bag from Pathfinder Luggage but the TSA guy said it was because when they only had one person at a time through security, they could just look. So, Score!

Sat in the lounge there for 10 minutes, then was escorted to the helicopter. All my bags were carried for me. I just walked and watched, and giggled.

Peter S, NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Review the Weeks Past Emails

If you are like me at all, you probably get hundreds of emails in a week. With all the stuff going on it is difficuult to remember who contacted you, when they did, and what happened.
    Its a good idea to review the past week’s emails, and SEE WHO NEEDS FOLLOWING UP.

You’ll find 3-5 good ideas come out of this review of emails

We often forget how much STUFF we cover in a workweek.

TS Smith, Creator, S-T

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Quick 30-60 second SALES Tips

Here is a cool site that has many, many sales tips and ideas.
    Some are in video, some audio and some text form.

http://www.candogo.com

TA Smith, S-T Staff , CNY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Customer Service…800 #\’s….. Get a Live person

This site gives you feedback on customer service of companies.
    Also if there is a way to get to a HUMAN, they give you the ## and the steps.

http://www.gethuman.com

ST Staff

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Famous Speeches.. they are all here

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speechbanka-f.htm

WWWeb scout

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Access to All Radio and TV station. Contacts…

For anyone interesated in contacting Radio stations to pitch a book or your services. Same if you want to contact TV shows/stations to pitch your business/idea

Here is a site that charges a fee, but has up to date contact information
    Take a peek

http://radiopublicity.net/tvpublicity.html

WWWeb scout

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

CREATIVE Marketing Tool….. for Sales Calls

Here is a a \”sweet\” marketing tool that I shared with my business friends who show up with food on sales calls. When he opened his business, I took some of his letterhead and had the image frosted onto a Wegmans(national grocery chain) big chocolate chip cookie. He now does that when he calls on doctors offices – he\’s got about a 90% success rate using that method!

JRO, Tampa, Fla

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

GREAT IMPRESSION after a Business Meeting

After a business meeting, I always try to get a handwritten card in the mail with a quick summary and a thank you. Try to do it the same day, so they GET IT IN MAIL THE NEXT AM.. shows you cared and you are on your game.
    Bonus tip: put thank you cards and stamps IN YOUR CAR, and fill out and drop off on way back to your office. This is very impressive, especially on the later afternoon appointments. Your client is wondering HOW you got the card out so fast!

TAS, Marcellus NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

$$$ Money Saver… Business … FAXING

I just started MyFax. It is $10.00 per month unlimited send and receive. (my phone was 48.00 per month). It goes to your Blackberry, to your Outlook, and stores all the faxes at one site.

Although faxes are becoming less and less prevalent, I still need to provide this service for my customers. It is over three times cheaper to do it this way.

Jim Nealon, Syracuse NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Great Site for JOB HUNTING

I am told that this site is a goodie for job seekers.
    Just type in what your looking for and a zip code

http://www.indeed.com

WWWeb scout

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Inexpensive place to find BIZ SERVICES

eBay isn\’t just for getting stuff on the cheap. There are plenty of people offering useful services at a great price. I\’ve used it to get my resume rewritten ($7 total) by a HR professional and a logo designed for my business ($5 total) by a graphic artist. There are also sellers offering things from web design to life coaching. Do shop around to compare prices, feedback, qualifications and turnaround time.
    Heidi

Heidi, USA

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Is there a BEST TIME to PROSPECT?

This is one of the most common questions I get relative to telephone prospecting. I get this question from salespeople across all industries and all experience levels. There are several reasons salespeople ask this question:

A) They are truly interested in timing their calls.

B) They are frustrated and just venting in which case my answer falls on deaf ears.

C) They are seeking validation for not making their prospecting calls and the question is being used as a cop-out. In this case they do not like my answer.

A great analogy for timing your calls is investing. The investor who attempts to time the market has historically failed to beat the investor who uses a dollar-cost-averaging strategy which is essentially making incremental investments on a regular schedule over time.

If you think about prospecting in the same vein, salespeople who prospect daily on a regular schedule are always more successful over time than those who make the attempt to time their prospects. Like investing, statistics are always in the favor of the sales pro who does a little bit of prospecting every day.

There are of course some industry norms that must be taken into consideration. For instance, if you call on industrial or manufacturing buyers you will find them in the office much earlier in the morning than buyers in the banking and financial services industries. With that in mind it is reasonable that you time your calls so that the people you are calling are actually in the office.

Outside of that my recommendation is that you forget about timing and focus instead on calling – every day. Though it may not seem like it when you first get started, when you make a regular number of out bound dials each day, over time, you will make more calls, reach more prospects, and keep your pipeline overflowing.

Prospecting is the most important activity in sales. It is also frustrating and uncomfortable. No matter how much you wish it to be different, the vast majority of your calls will go to voice mail, you will deal with rude gatekeepers, and you will often catch prospects at the worst possible time in their day. That is life in the sales world. And despite the ongoing fantasy that there is some magical time when prospects will welcome your call with a kind voice and an open mind, nothing will change this fact.

It is because prospecting is so difficult that I recommend making your prospecting calls first thing in the morning; not because the prospect is in a better mood, but because you are. You will feel better, sound more enthusiastic, and weather the inevitable rejection much better. Most importantly if you tackle prospecting first thing in the morning it is more likely to get done than of put off. Never, ever forget that prospecting procrastination is the number one reason salespeople lose their jobs. It usually goes something like this. Johnny , the sales rep, says to himself:

\”I shouldn\’t call these prospects at 8am because they are just getting in the office. I\’ll give them some time to settle in.\”

\”I shouldn\’t call these prospects at 10am because they\’ll be in meetings. I\’ll wait until later.\”

\”I can\’t call now because it is lunch time. I\’ll wait until later.\”

\”I shouldn\’t call now because they are probably returning phone calls after lunch. I\’ll call later.\”

\”It\’s 3pm and calling now is a bad idea because the prospect is probably not in the mood to talk to a salesperson this late in the afternoon. I\’ll call a little later.\”

\”I can\’t call now because it is 5pm and it is time to go home. I guess I\’ll try again tomorrow.\”

Johnny, who has repeated these same lines day after day and by now is failing, approaches me after a speech or sales training and asks, \”What is the best time to call prospects?\”, secretly hoping that my answer will help back up his lack of activity. I see right through the smoke screen. My advice is and always will be the same. Forget about timing. Focus instead on consistent, daily prospecting and I promise you will never worry about where your next sale is going to come from.

shared by Hart D, Syracuse NY

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Need help with an UNDER-ACHIEVER?

Here are some smart questions on \”How to Help an Underacheiver\”. Saw this in an older Inc Magazine article of a few years back.
    The column recommended six questions:

1. Your work performance has slipped. Is something wrong?

2. Can you describe your job to me?

3. Do you have what you need to do your job?

4. Are you adequately trained?

5. Is something at work preventing you from doing a good job?

6. When was the last time we had a performance review?

All good questions to sincerely help the struggling person. Softly spoken but well directed , helpful questions.

from article Inc Magazine March 07

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Excellent Sales Website here

Attention Salespeople…

You might want to click on Paul Castain\’s website

good for salespeople

http://www.yoursalespeople.com

WWWeb scout

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Surefire way to get a Return Call…

To guarantee a return call… try leaving this message:

\”Hi, this is _______. I guess by now, you \’ve heard the news..call me.\”

Give it a try

MLMU.com

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

REPLACEBLE TOOTH BRUSH

replaceble tooth brush with low cost which can be used for minimum 4months .to share my ful project i need any assurance to my idea.

Harish.k

Smile Therapy
    Keymaster

Superb Website Creation or Re-do

If you are looking to Create or Re-fresh your current website, be sure to contact Rick Phillips
    http://www.webdesignbyrick.com

~Prompt service
    ~Fast response
    ~Professional looking
    ~VERY reasonable rates

Tim S, Marcellus, NY

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.